Friday, June 28, 2013

Come Walk With Me

I have been walking to work everyday. The walk is so peaceful, with beautiful scenery and stillness - the perfect start to my day.  (Not to mention good exercise too...with all this food I have been eating...yikes!) It only takes about 15-20 minutes from home to the office where we teach.  During the seasonal extremes - rainy season (which we are entering), the heat of August, and the bitter winter months - I will have to use alternative transportation.  

So I am taking advantage of this beautiful trek for as long as possible. 

~

I start with the hill, right outside my apartment. Sturdy shoes would be a good choice, especially for this part of the trip...but it's hot so I decide on flimsy sandals instead.
You win some, you lose some.



This is the view behind me - where country meets city.
I really love this tree!



Along the way, I scan the bushes for newly ripened berries.
They are delicious and (so far) not poisonous...



I look over my shoulder and see home - where the Connexus community (with the exception of a few) lives on the 4th floor. We also get to take advantage of the rooftop!



These little "daises" grow everywhere - they are just so sweet! 



The view from the top of the path - these steps are slippery after the rain!
So today I hold on to the rope..



At the bottom, I fill my water bottle with fresh spring water.
I am starting to get hot with my jeans and heavy backpack!



An elderly Korean man greets me with a smile and a very clear English:
"Have a nice day!"
I return the greeting and smile ear to ear at his gesture.  I cannot wait to learn more Korean so I can make someone's day by a simple attempt to greet them in their native tongue.



Every Friday there is an open market along the street.  They are just setting up!



Here is where we work. Yes, we share a building with Dunkin' Donuts.
(And no, I do NOT eat there everyday ;))



5th floor of JoongAng Plaza!



And now, ready for a great day! 
(Sorry a little blurry!)


Shalom, ~Kate


6 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Katelynn! I'm so looking forward to your continued updates, reading about all the things you are doing and experiencing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Miss Joanne! I can't wait to share more soon.

      Delete
  2. It's sweet that there's fresh water on your walk! It looks like it's coming straight out of the rock. Very cool walk to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I learning about the water. That is one of my favorite points of the walk!

      Delete
  3. I'm so proud to call you my
    friend. I truly believe you can change peoples lives. Just keep being you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such an encouragement, Wendy! Anything I do is not of my strength, that's for sure.. You need to message me your mailing address!

      Delete