Motivation has been low and the ability to focus, nearly nonexistent. In the midst of a homework break tonight, I told my roommate that I'm just forcing a smile on my face. Being the wise woman that she is, she reminded me: "Kate, you do have things to smile about - you don't have to fake it." Goodness, she was very right. No matter how bad a day (or days) may be, I know that I always have reasons to be filled with joy. Here are just a few of those reasons:
1. I am surrounded by an incredible community of women who encourage me and build me up daily.
2. I have a family I can call up and talk to about absolutely anything at anytime.
3. Having the ability to laugh with my crazy yet wonderful hall friends!
4. Walks down to the river turned into hours of rock skipping and singing goofy old camp songs.
5. Having my finals so spread out that I will only have 3 of the 6 to do during exam week!!
6. Planning a super-fun weekend of camping and amusement parks with some great friends after exams next week.
7. At the end of the month I am blessed to be in two weddings of some of my favorite people in the whole world.
8. Both bridesmaids dresses are in and fit just right! (that was a bit of a scare for a while!)
9. I have somehow been able to find the time for a little bit of fun reading, which I didn't think was possible in college!
10. I have a Savior and Lord who loves me and has a plan and purpose for my life.