Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Change in Departure Date

A few weeks ago, I received an email from Connexus asking if I would consider delaying my departure from the original plan of August to the end of September or October this fall.  While the afterschool program there is growing steadily, they now have enough teachers to get by until October, when new students will join the program.  They were very gracious and told me that if this is too inconvenient, they would love to have me in August as first planned.  While I was very excited about the quickly approaching move, I saw no point in me going if I was not yet needed. (Besides, the thought of having a few extra months at home sounded great - not to mention relieved a little stress.) And so, I agreed to wait till this fall to fly over.

In the meantime, I am continuing work at my retail job, learning more about the Korean language and culture (in hopes of avoiding at least a little culture shock ;), and soaking up every minute spent with my family and friends.  My prayer is that God will use this extra time at home to prepare my heart and mind for whatever it is that lies ahead this year in South Korea.


Seeking Him, ~Katelynn

* If you would like receive email updates of my blog and journey to Korea, you can subscribe by entering your address in to the "Get My E-Mail Updates!" box on the upper right hand corner of my homepage (you will receive an e-mail and must "verify" your subscriptions in order to start receiving my updates). Thank you for your encouragement and support! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

4 comments:

  1. You are a light in my life I am not yet ready to let go of but so excited to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee!! Sorry a little selfish but my kids love having you around!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us updated! Skype/phone date soon? After I pass the silly NCLEX I want to hear all about everything! Aaron and I will continue to pray for you and your time in Korea!

    Blessings and Love,

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I just came across your blog. I will love reading and learning about your trip to Korea. You are in my prayers!

    Blessings and Hugs,

    Peggy McCroskey Andrews

    ReplyDelete