Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall At Last

While I love the summer sunshine, there is just something so incredibly delightful about crisp, overcast fall days. As I walked to work this morning and ran errands this afternoon, I could not wipe the smile off my face as I drank in the autumn. This sweater-wearing, hue-changing, tea-drinking season never ceases to warm my heart. There's something inside of me that longs for a "bouquet of newly sharpened pencils." (You've Got Mail - a fall must-see everyone!)

Some days I feel so distracted. In the writing of this post, I also wrote a lesson plan, graded a pile of homework, sent a few emails, bought a cake (no, I did not eat it, too ;), and mailed a postcard. Oh my. On days like this when I find it difficult to just sit down and type, I revert to pictures. So here are just a few happy things from this last week:

I got to see this artist perfecting the finishing touches on his murals at Dosim Station. He even painted in the rain. So talented!


Friday after work, Anna and I went to the night market with my students and their families. We ate amazing food, played carnival games, and laughed a lot. They are some of the most generous people I have ever met! 


Thoroughly enjoyed an abundance of persimmons in our house!


Abby and I discovered a new restaurant and coffee shop near home. Will definitely be going to both again soon!! 


 Went to the Zandari music festival with a group of friends. It was so much fun!! I love that good music can always be enjoyed, regardless of language.



Take time today to enjoy the small things!

~Kate

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I actually Googled persimmon :) Korea is the second largest producer and consumer. The US isn't even listed...I've never even seen a persimmon before your photo. Looks like a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Persimmons in California are abundant. My Mother made persimmon bread. Of course she made bread out of everything. They always left a funny taste or feeling in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete